Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW
Tuition and Other Fees
4100 PLN/semester; for Polish nationals: free of charge
Date of commencement of studies: March (summer term) Recruitment calendar - https://www.sggw.edu.pl/en/recruitment/
Aim of the programme:
The primary mission of the studies is to ensure the highest quality in transferring the advanced knowledge to graduates, and provide the best understanding of Engineering Infrastructure nowadays challenges. Those issues certainly require the application of analytical, decision making, and critical thinking skills, that the students will develop during their studies. This will be achieved by delivering the best quality taught modules in topics such as structural engineering and design, geotechnical engineering, numerical modelling methods and management processes in civil engineering.
Main mandatory subjects:
Foreign language, Hydraulic structures, Environmental Hazard Assessment, Mathematics, Theory of elasticity and plasticity, Structural mechanics, Geotechnical engineering in urban and transportation infrastructure, 2 additional subjects to be chosen by the student.
Complex steel structures, Construction process management, Construction- executing and process planning, Finite Element Methods (computation methods), Construction law and investment processes regulations, Advanced foundation engineering, Complex concrete structures, Timber structures, BIM in civil engineering, Diploma seminar, Intellectual property management
The course will equip students with a range of transferable skills, and an ideal combination for a leading career in civil engineering. It will allow demonstrating the ability to work independently on a complex topic and demonstrate initiative in the solution of engineering challenges.
- diploma of undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the field of civil engineering;
- diploma of related field of the undergraduate studies, for which the effects of education are convergent with the learning outcomes expected of the candidates; if the convergence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to supplement the competence gaps by completing the subjects specified during the interview, in an amount not exceeding 30 ECTS, which is the limit of admissible discrepancy (Candidates permanently living outside Poland, who cannot come personally to interview, will be qualified based on the documentation attached to the Candidate Service System);
- in case of the number of candidates exceeding the admission limit – the average grade from first-cycle studies is taken into account;
- confirmed knowledge of English (certificate of English language at least level B2); English exam, confirming language fluency, can be arrange for applicants without required certificates.
Confirmation of knowledge of English language: document certifying knowledge of English or an interview confirming the knowledge of English.
Student Affairs Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Coordinator: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science: Technology and Nutrition
- Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering, Specialization: Modern Engineering in Water Management
- Master Degree in Environmental Protection, Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Master Degree in Forestry, Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Master Degree in Horticulture, Specialization: General Horticulture
- Master Degree in Informatics and Econometrics, Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Veterinary Medicine