MA in Architecture
Area of Studies
architecture, urban and regional planning
Degree (in English)
Master of Arts
1.5 years (3 semesters)
The programme starts in late February
Faculty of Architecture, Cracow University of Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
The offer of these studies is meant for students with bachelor’s degree in Architecture and prepares them for professional practice as architects. The programme of studies is exactly the same as the curriculum in Polish which is a professional degree programme accredited by The Polish Accreditation Committee, The Accreditation Commission for Polish Universities of Technology, the EU evaluation as well as The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) evaluation. The programme of studies lasts for three semesters. The total number of hours is 900 plus 150 for Internships after the 1st semester (1st semester: 405h +150h; 2nd semester: 390h, 3rd semester: 75h).
The Master of Architecture programme of studies focuses on a wide range of issues directly affecting contemporary architecture and urban design:
• Architectural and urban design in the fields of multifamily housing and public use buildings,
• Spatial and regional planning,
• Preservation of monuments and revalorization of urban complexes with design for conservation,
• Landscape architecture, architecture and planning in the countryside,
• Building construction systems and building structures,
• Theory of architecture and urban design as well as spatial and regional planning,
• History of art, culture and contemporary urban design,
• Ecology and environmental protection. Design, history, theory and building structure technology are taught to prepare students for professional registration as architects in the European Union
The following documents are to be submitted by candidates applying for admission to MSc programmes:
1. Application Form available on http://iro.pk.edu.pl
2. BSc degree.
3. Official confirmation of legality of applicant’s BSc degree.
4. Official certificate confirming that applicant’s BSc degree allows them to apply for admission to MSc studies at all universities in their country.
5. Official Transcript of Records with a legend of marks.
6. Copy of applicant’s passport.
7. Official confirmation of the English language knowledge.
8. A photocopy of visa or temporal residence card, or permanent residence card, or other document that allows the applicant to stay in the Republic of Poland for the period of their studies.
9. A photocopy of personal insurance plan for the period of studies in the Republic of Poland – to be submitted upon the commencement of classes at CUT.
10. A digital colour photo (JPEG file, 236 x 295 pixels).
1. Submission of required documents listed in the application procedure
2. BSc in Architecture
3. Portfolio consisting in reduced reproductions of:
- complete drawing part of the engineering diploma work
- complete drawing part of the two best drawing projects made during first cycle (BSc) studies and chosen by the candidate.
4. Candidate’s statement confirming that all works comprising the portfolio have been prepared by the candidate in person.
Ms. Anna Dębska,
+48 12 628 30 44
Cracow University of Technology
ul. Warszawska 24
31-155 Kraków, Poland
phone: +48 12 628 30 44
- BA in Architecture
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Landscape Architecture
- BSc in Mechanics and Machine Design
- MA in Architecture
- MA in Landscape Architecture
- Master, Additive Manufacturing
- MSc in Applied Physics
- MSc in Chemical Technology
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Environmental and Land Engineering
- MSc in Mechanics and Machine Design
- MSc in Power Engineering