MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Aircraft Design
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
1,5 years/ 3 semesters
Silesian University of Technology; Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Tuition and Other Fees
(2800€) for 1st semester (2700€) for each subsequent semester
Aircraft Design is MSc that aims to deliver knowledge about design of flying vehicles, such as aircrafts and airships. Covering wide range of engineering areas: from structural design and manufacturing, through maintenance and exploitation of aircraft, to flight dynamics and flight simulations, it is a good option to emerge in growing aerospace industry. The MSc in Aircraft Design equips students with the required knowledge and understanding of typical aircraft systems their power requirements.
Additional this specialization allows students to learn techniques on how to design reliable aircraft components. You will learn and use cutting-edge design, analysis and simulation software. This MSc course provides innovative programme that is focused on technical, as well as business aspects of aircraft design.
Main goals of new specialization and project:
• Offering new education programmes in English, addressed to both Polish and foreign students at Silesian University of Technology
• Implementing international study programs and international summer schools enabling foreigners to study in Poland and Poles participating in higher education to study in the international environment
• Involving foreign academic teachers with scientific, professional in delivering education programs at Silesian University of Technology
Additional activities for students:
• Summer school with extensive English courses and
• Facultative trips
• Polish classes for foreign students
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with transcript of records Bachelor degree certificate with transcript of records The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish / English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
1.Document stating that candidate’s diploma allows to take up the second cycle studies in the country of issue (if such a statement is not already written on that certificate).
2. Language proficiency at level B2 by CEFR scale or equivalent.
Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE or CAE, IELTS 6+ or TOEFL 79+
More information about the language certificate on our website:
3. A motivation letter must be added to your application.
ul. Akademicka 2A
44-100 Gliwice, Poland
phone: + 48 32 237 16 90
- BA in Mathematics (Applied Mathematics)
- BSc General Engineering
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering - Information systems in medicine
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- BSc in Informatics
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Full-time)
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Part-time)
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Power Engineering
- BSc in Transport
- BSc Interdisciplinary studies: Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE)
- BSc Interdisciplinary studies: Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- MSc in Automatic Control and Robotics – Integrated Manufacturing Systems (under patronage of Balluff company)
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Biotechnology - Biofuels
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Cognitive Technologies
- MSc in Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE) - Automatic Control
- MSc in Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE) - Electronics and Telecommunication
- MSc in Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE) -Data Science
- MSc in Electrical Engineering
- MSc in Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- MSc in Informatics
- MSc in Logistics (part-time)
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Logistic Systems in Industrial Enterprises (Full-time)
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (part-time)
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Aircraft Design
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering – Aircraft Propulsion Systems
- MSc in Power Engineering - Energy Transition
- MSc in Transport
- MSc Materials Engineering - Welding technologies and surface engineering in manufacturing (under the patronage of Messer Eutectic Castolin sp. z o. o. company)