University of Lower Silesia
Dolnośląska Szkoła Wyższa
College No. 1 in Lower Silesia for 14 years according to Perspektywy 2019 ranking of private tertiary level institutions. The University of Lower Silesia has been associated with Lower Silesia and Wrocław for 22 years, that is from its very origin.
From the beginning of the university’s existence, lecturers implemented the visionary plan to establish a free and democratic school. Students were to participate in its creation, realizing their passions and dreams without any obstacles.
Facts & figures
- ULS is one of the few private universities in the country that educate so modernly in so many disciplines as pedagogy, psychology, social communication and media science, IT, security studies, politics and administration studies as well as quality and management studies.
- Our graduates become expert educators, psychologists, social workers, therapists, and teachers.
- We hold Category B: we have the right to run studies preparing for the teaching profession. We conduct teacher studies in the fields of pedagogy and special needs education, as well as in the new field of pre-school and early school education. Also we have the right to confer doctoral degrees in the field of social sciences in the disciplines of pedagogy and social communication and media studies, as well as the academic degree of habilitated doctor in the realm of pedagogy.
- We conduct doctoral studies in Polish, English and Czech
- We also educate journalists, publishers, bloggers, spokespeople, image creators, game and animation developers, marketing and security experts, administration in public institutions and the business sector, diplomacy and international relations experts, professional employees of uniformed services, civil and security units, RES managers (renewable energy sources), surveyors and specialists in the design and independent creation of spatial plans and maps.
- ULS took part in over 60 research and development and implementation projects, including 14 international, from the funds of the National Science Center, the National Center for Research and Development, the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, for total funding of nearly PLN 35 million.
- Since the beginning of the University’s existence, we have been able to conduct over 170 scientific conferences, including 48 international and 122 domestic ones, and 233 scientific seminars, of which 151 have been recurrent events.
- We’ve also held over 30 editions of the International Summer Schools in cooperation with European and American tertiary schools, and we’ve always been hungry for more! We have international education programs accredited by American institutions; the total number of their participants from around the world exceeds 1000 people.
- As part of student and employee exchange projects of the European Union Erasmus+ programme, we have been cooperating with over 100 prestigious academic centres, as well as with many business institutions located in 24 European Union countries, as well as Norway, Turkey, Iceland, Northern Macedonia and Serbia.
- As part of the programme, ULS students have successfully carried out international study programmes at European universities, they also have the opportunity to acquire professional competences in an international environment by completing apprenticeships in European companies.
- As a ULS student, you can count on the help of a tutor throughout your studies.
- 3D Animation& Visual Effects
- Big Data, digital marketing and trend watching, BA
- Child, adolescent and family psychology, MA
- Cultural animation and museum studies, BA
- Culture and education, MA
- E-commerce developer, BSc
- Public Relations
- Social psychology, MA
- Teaching English in a non-formal environment, BA
- User Experience Designer, BSc