Bialystok University of Technology
address: Wiejska 45A St.
15-351 Białystok, Polska
phone: +48 85 746 70 20
fax: +48 85 746 70 10
Bialystok University of Technology (BUT) is the largest university in the north-eastern region of Poland. We are a modern dynamically developing institution with more than 60 years of experience in educating scientists and technologists. BUT is a technology centre of the region. Our graduates are in demand in the labour markets of Poland and abroad.
BUT consists of seven faculties (Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, the faculty of Architecture, the faculty of Management and Faculty of Forestry) with more than 11,000 students and 680 academic teachers.
There is the Academic Sports Centre, Student Residence Halls, the Center for Modern Education, Academic Incubator of Enterpreneurship and INNO-EKO-TECH Centre on the territory of the main campus.
The education process involves three cycles or degrees in full-time and part-time modes. BUT offers around 30 study courses.
- Candidates are invited to enroll for: first degree or undergraduate courses (6 or 7 semester BSc),
- second or master degree courses (3 or 4 semester MSc),
- third degree or doctoral courses (8 semester PhD: architecture and urban planning, civil engineering, computer science, electronics, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, machine design and maintenance, mechanics).
Furthermore, each of the BUT faculties prepares a wide choice of post-graduate courses.
BUT has been granted permission to confer post-doctoral (DSc) degrees in four scientific disciplines, such as civil engineering, electrical engineering, machine design and maintenance, mechanics.
International Cooperation. BUT has been cooperating bilaterally with over 80 academic institutions from 30 countries in Europe, America and Asia. The contacts result in numerous fellowships, habilitation theses and doctoral dissertations, student visits, etc. Bialystok University of Technology is also a signatory of the Erasmus program which, up to now, has effected in more than 120 agreements with European academic centers.
The University unit responsible for organizing international cooperation is the International Relations Office, directly subordinated to the Vice- Rector for Development and Cooperation.
Facts & figures
- BUT was established in 1949
- 7 faculties
- over 11 thousand students
- 70 students’ scientific circles
International Relations Office
45a Wiejska St., 15-351 Bialystok
tel. +48 85 746 70 20
fax +48 85 746 70 10
- BSc in Applied Mathematics
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Eco-engineering
- BSc in Environmental Engineering
- BSc in Landscape Architecture
- BSc in Mechatronic Systems and Materials
- Computer Science (specialty Data Science)
- MSc in Applied Mathematics
- MSc in Architecture and Urban Planning
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Data Science
- MSc in Eco-Engineering
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Electronic Equipment
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Teleinformatics and Optoelectronics
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Landscape Architecture
- MSc in Management
- PhD in Electronics, Bialystok University of Technology
- PhD in Electrotechnics