Gdansk University of Technology
address: G. Narutowicza 11/12 St.
80-233 Gdańsk, Poland
phone: + 48 58 347 20 42
fax: +48 58 347 11 70
About Gdańsk University of Technology (GUT)
Gdańsk University of Technology (Polish name: Politechnika Gdańska) is one of the oldest universities in Poland and the largest technical university in Northern Poland. It was established in 1904 and ever since its grounding it is educating world class engineers in various areas of science and technology.
Located in Gdańsk – a city of thousand-year tradition and the gate to the Polish coastal line – it is a perfect place to study and enjoy student life.
The University is constructed of nine faculties with 41 fields of study. It employs 1200 academic teachers and educates more than 25 thousand undergraduate, as well as about 400 doctoral students.
For potential candidates it is important to know that Gdańsk University of Technology is one of the most popular universities among young people. The fifth time in a row it came in the second place in the ministerial ranking measuring the popularity of the university among candidates to study.
The graduates not only easily find a job after graduation, but also often successfully create and run their own businesses. According to a nationwide survey, earnings of Gdańsk University of Technology graduates are in the third place among graduates in the country.
During recent years, the University has been changing and constantly adapting to economic and social demands. The historical campus was adjusted to the needs of innovative organisation of studies and modern methods of teaching. GUT boasts of its tradition and history, which is considered university’s wisdom, facing its main challenge – the future.
Great emphasis is placed on maintaining high education quality standards. GUT is the first and only Polish university to be a member of the CDIO Initiative, founded by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in collaboration with Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden. CDIO aims to provide an education for engineers that enables them to “Conceive, Design, Implement and Operate” pro-industrial technological systems.
GUT is an active member of a number of university networks and associations, e.g. Baltic Science Research (coordination of nanotechnology research and education), Baltic University Network (Uppsala Protocol), Conference of European Schools of Advanced Education and Research and the Baltic Sea Region University Network.
Employees of GUT are scientists working with passion. Their achievements and scientific activities are reflected in a significant number of awards and distinctions granted by both the Minister of Science and Higher Education, as well as a number of national and international institutions related to scientific and research activities.
International students at GUT enjoy unique support - during the admission process and studies - given by International Students and Visitors Office (ISVO) – entity dedicated to promote the University internationally, recruit candidates from abroad and support the newcomers. ISVO is a part of International Relations Office of Gdańsk University of Technology and was created to provide any information and counselling to international candidates and students.
Supportive, multilingual staff can answer questions regarding application, the university, legal stay, accommodation, and solving any problems that may arise.
Study at GUT and feel like home!
Facts & figures
- established in 1904
- over 1300 academic staff
- more than 23 000 students
- more than 100 000 postgraduates
- nearly 700 doctoral students
- BA in Management (BiM)
- Bachelor of Science in Energy Technologies
- BSc in Green Technologies and Monitoring
- MA in Management - Specialization: International Management
- MA in Management - Specialization: Small Business Economics & Management
- Master in Economic Analyses
- Master of Science in Ocean Engineering
- MSc in Architecture
- MSc in Automatic Control and Robotics - Specialization: Signal Processing
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Control Engineering and Robotics - Specialization: Decision Systems
- MSc in Control Engineering and Robotics,
Specialization: Automatic Control Systems
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Computer Electronic Systems
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Radio Communication Systems and Networks
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Green Technologies and Monitoring
- MSc in Informatics - Specialization: Distributed Applications and Internet Services
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Specialization: International Design Engineer
- International MBA in Strategy, Programme and Project Management (AMBA Accredited)