Medical University of Warsaw
Warszawski Uniwersytet Medyczny
address: Żwirki i Wigury 61
02-091 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 572 05 02
fax: +48 22 572 05 62
The Medical University of Warsaw is one of the oldest medical schools in Poland. For over 200 years it has provided education and training in medicine and pharmacy at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The university's programs meet the highest international standards of university-level education and are based on the principles of good clinical and pharmaceutical practice.
The Medical University of Warsaw:
- has an international dimension based on its international educational standards and the exchange of scientific thought among higher education and research institutions,
- provides specialist referral, tertiary and general services as well as undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in its five affiliated teaching hospitals, which are also involved in scientific and clinical research,
- invests in the development of its research infrastructure and continues to expand its facilities. The latest projects include the recently opened Library and Information Centre and ongoing work on the Centre for Preclinical Research. Also under construction is the Pediatric Hospital and Rehabilitation and Sports Centre, the most modern facility of its kind in Poland.
Medical studies in English
The English Division of the Second Faculty of Medicine was established in 1993 at the Medical University of Warsaw for students interested in studying medicine in English.
The Division offers two programmes: a 6-year programme for high school graduates and a 4-year programme for college/university graduates. At the end of each program the graduates are awarded the MD degree and receive a medical diploma recognized in the European Union, USA, Canada and most other countries of the world (for precise information on diploma recognition in particular countries, consult appropriate legal acts).
Having completed the basic science part of the study programme, the students are eligible to sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) Step I and for the USMLE Step II on completion of the clinical part of the programme.
English Dentistry Division
The Medical University of Warsaw offers a 5-year program in dentistry for high school graduates. At the end of this program the graduates will be awarded a DDS degree and receive a diploma recognized in many countries. The curriculum conforms to the European Union standards of dental medicine. The graduates can continue their education.
English Pharmacy Division
Our five-year undergraduate pharmacy course leads to the degree of Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) and, after a further 6-month of pre-registration training in an approved pharmacies, to registration as a pharmacist in Poland. Polish registration is recognized in other member states of the EU.
As the Master of Pharmacy student you will:
- Be taught in a faculty with more than 70-year experience in delivering leading-edge pharmacy education
- Be taught by academics, who are experts in their fields
- Be able to assume prominent roles in all aspects of the pharmacy profession and be leaders in innovative, evidence-based practice.
The academic curriculum is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and individual capabilities needed for today’s demanding and highly competitive employment market. To this end, almost all our programs include opportunities for internships, part-time work experience and international exchange.
What distinguishes the Medical University of Warsaw?
- More than 200 years of tradition in student instruction
- The academic staff is highly qualified with many outstanding specialists in their fields
- The Medical University of Warsaw has five clinical hospitals and uses eleven affiliated hospitals for practical training of students
- Students can pursue their own interests by joining research groups, sports clubs, choir, etc.
The graduates of the Medical University of Warsaw are well equipped with both theoretical knowledge and practical skills that are necessary in modern medical clinical practice.
Facts & figures
- Established in 1809
- 1600 academic staff
- Over 9000 students
- 600 foreign students
phone: +48 22 572 05 02, +48 22 572 06 72, fax: +48 22 572 05 62
English Dentistry Division:
phone: +48 22 572 02 51 fax: +48 22 572 02 73
English Pharmacy Division:
phone: +48 22 572 07 87
fax.: +48 22 572 07 73