To be able to study in Poland you have to legalize your stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland. If you are a European Union (EU) citizen and you would like to stay longer than three months in Poland, you need to register your stay in the country.

If you are a non-EU citizen, you need to obtain a visa at a Polish consulate in your home country before your arrival in Poland.

You have to apply for a Temporary Residence Permit with the local Voivodship Office. You need such documents to legalize your stay in Poland:

  • application form,
  • photos,
  • documents proving your identity and citizenship, address, purpose of stay (a certificate from your school),
  • health insurance,
  • possession of suffici
  • ent funds.

Temporary Residence Card will allow you to cross the Polish border as many times as you wish. The first residence permit is issued for the period of 15 months. It can be renewed for periods of up to 3 years but for no longer than the remainder of your studies.

Note: In order to prolong your stay, you need to apply for a Temporary Stay Card 45 days before your visa expires.