SGH Warsaw School of Economics
Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie (SGH)
Founded in 1906, SGH Warsaw School of Economics (Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie, SGH) is the oldest public university of economics and business in Poland.
Education. SGH Warsaw School of Economics offers many opportunities to study economics and business. Besides Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degree programmes, SGH also offers post-graduate and executive studies for people interested in lifelong learning.
Our educational system complies with the Bologna Declaration, which assumes:
- higher education based on two main cycles: undergraduate studies (Bachelor) geared to the employment market and lasting at least three years and graduate studies (Master), which may be followed by doctoral studies,
- adoption of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS),
- introduction of the European diploma supplement,
- mobility of students, teachers and researchers,
- cooperation with regard to quality assurance,
- the European dimension of higher education.
Research. Traditionally, SGH Warsaw School of Economics has been a centre for scientific research in economics and management. Research projects are carried out by five collegia and result in publication of numerous books, monographies, scripts, coursebooks, articles and research papers, as well as expert opinions for the government, private companies and media alike. Every year, SGH issues a bilingual report (in Polish and English) on the competitiveness of the country’s economy.
International cooperation. SGH has always been open to exchanging knowledge, and sharing educational and research experience with other academic centres. SGH cooperates with over 300 universities all over the world, and takes part in research activities conducted in collaboration with centres abroad. Each year academics from various countries visit SGH to attend seminars and conferences, give lectures and participate in joint research projects. SGH is involved in several international programmes for staff and students alike, including double degree programmes offered in cooperation with 15 partner universities. Every year, nearly 500 SGH students complete parts of their curricula abroad. As the only Polish academic member of CEMS, SGH also offers the prestigious CEMS Master’s in International Management programme.
Student life. There are about 60 students’ organisations active at SGH, including scientific, sport, and artistic clubs and associations. They make the university teem with life and there is always something interesting happening on the campus.
Facts & figures
· about 800 faculty members
· over 11 000 students
· about 1100 international students
SGH Warsaw School of Economics:
al. Niepodległości 162, 02-554 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 564 77 77
- Academy of Leadership in English
- BA in Global Business, Finance and Governance (specialisations: European Economic Integration Towards Global Challenges, Global Development and Governance; International Business; International Finance)
- BA in International Economics (specialisations: Economics of Central and Eastern Europe; International Business Management)
- BA in Management (specialisations: Entrepreneurship, Project Management)
- BA in Quantitative Methods in Economics and Information Systems (specialisations: Econometrics; Methods of Decision Analysis)
- Canadian Executive MBA
- MA in Advanced Analytics - Big Data
- MA in Finance and Accounting (with opportunity of ACCA qualification)
- MA in Global Business, Finance and Governance (specializations: Global Development and Governance; International Finance; International Venture Management)
- MA in International Business (specialisations: Business in Central and Eastern Europe; International Business Management; Doing Business in Emerging Markets)
- PhD in Economics and Finance in the scope of Economics
- PhD in Economics and Finance in the scope of Finance
- PhD in Management and Quality Sciences
- PhD in Political and Administration Sciences
- Post-graduate Studies in Economic Diplomacy
- Post-graduate Studies International Finance
- Postgraduate study Finance Technology in a Global Monetary Policy