Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań
Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu
AMU is proud to bear the name of Adam Mickiewicz – the Polish iconic bard who believed strongly in a free, multicultural Poland and was one of the most important poets of European Romanticism.
AMU is one of the largest academic centers in Poland. In addition to its facilities in Poznan, it has campuses in Gniezno, Kalisz, Pila and Slubice. The University currently employs nearly 3,000 teaching staff, including 370 tenured professors, 800 AMU professors and over 1,700 doctors and senior lecturers. Since 2002 our professors have coordinated or have been partners in numerous research projects funded by the European Union Framework Programs for Research and Technological Development and other EU/international programs.
AMU is strongly dedicated to creating high-standard educational opportunities. The University serves over c. 37.000 students with 15 faculties offering BA, MA and PhD programs. Students who know Polish can choose from over 228 majors. The newest programs include: Analysis and Data Processing (in Maths and Computer Studies), Cultural Differences and Transnational Process (in Ethnology), Theories-Interfaces-Technologies in English Linguistics (Modern Languages)
AMU offers BA and MA programs taught in Polish, English, Dutch including courses in 40+ languages. Individually supervised PhD programs are offered in English and other languages upon separate arangements.
AMU has well-developed foreign relations and co-operates with about 350 universities across the world under bilateral agreements. AMU is a member of: UA – European University Association, EUCEN – European University Continuing Education Network, The Compostela Group of Universities, The Santander Group – European University Network: EUPRIO-European Universities PR and Information Officers and others.
A Dozen Reasons to Study at AMU in Poznań:
- Supreme academic expertise
- Competitive price
- Central location: halfway between Berlin and Warsaw; most European capitals accessible within 2 hours by plane!
- Multicultural environment: 78 nationalities represented at AMU
- Student-friendly city: on average every fourth citizen of Poznań is a student! Some 37.000 of them study at AMU!
- Poznań is a vibrant business center offering career opportunities for students, Poznań region enjoys one of the lowest unemployment rates in Poland
- Comprehensive academic offer: AMU has been consistently ranked among Top-5 universities in Poland for the last 10 years!
- Large number of professional full-time academic staff
- Advanced research opportunities: international projects including Horizon 2020 and many others
- Handicap-friendly program: AMU has the largest population of students with disabilities in Poland!
- Easy access to culture: “Poznań Philharmonic Orchestra performs in the AMU Main Auditorium, Poznan Opera House just across the square, National Museum 10 minutes away by foot!
- Exciting sports program to follow in 30+ disciplines!
AMU PreMed and PreTech Programs
Foreign students wishing to improve their knowledge and skills in natural sciences before they apply for their medical studies may choose a a two-semester PreMed Program. It prepares for the interview and entrance exams at Poznań University of Medical Sciences (PUMS) as well as other medical programs in Poland. On the other hand, the PreTech Program is an engineering course offered and designed to enable students to approach technical and engineering degree programs with more confidence and prevent them from dropping out after the first year. Apart from courses in various natural and technical sciences both programs provide candidates with basic skills in Polish and improve both medical and technical English vocabulary.
PreTech covers fundamental subjects for a majority of engineering and technical studies.
AMU also offers a 6-month and a 1-year General English and English for Academic IELTS course as well as preparatory Polish Language and Culture courses.
Facts & figures
- Founded in 1919
- 3 000 academic staff
- c. 37 000 students
- over 700 foreign students
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
address: ul. Wieniawskiego 1, 61-712 Poznań, Poland
phone: +48 61 829 43 85, +48 61 829 44 75
International Exchange Advisors:
Study in Poland coordinator:
- B.A. in English Linguistics: Theories, Interfaces, Technologies
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Linguistics and Intercultural Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Central European and Balkan Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in European Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in German Language and Intercultural Studies (Słubice)
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Environmental Management at CAU and Environmental Protection at AMU
- Inter-University Programme of Interdisciplinary PhD Studies at the 'Artes Liberales' Academy
- M.Sc in Biotechnology
- M.Sc in Chemistry
- M.Sc. in Environmental Protection
- MaMaSelf Master in Material Science
- Master of Arts in Balkan Studies
- Master of Arts in Cultural Studies: Intercultural Communication
- Master of Arts in Digital Entrepreneurship (Słubice)
- Master of Arts in English Studies: Language and Communication in Healthcare
- Master of Arts in English Studies: Language-Mind-Technology
- Master of Arts in Ethnology: Cultural Differences and Transnational Process
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Social Communication
- Master of Arts in Linguistics and Information Management, Specialty: Interlinguistics
- Master of Arts in Literary Studies: Central Europe in the International Perspective
- Master of Arts in Mediterraean Studies
- Master of Arts in Modern Languages - Empirical Linguistics and Language Documentation
- Master of Arts in Public Governance, Specialization: Good Governance and Civil Society
- Master of Intercultural Communication Studies (MICS)
- MSc in Physics of Advanced Materials for Energy Processing
- PhD programme in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology