MSc in Physics, specialisation: Theoretical Physics
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
2 years (4 semesters)
Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
Tuition and Other Fees
EU/EFTA citizens applying on a regular basis – no tuition fee, 85 PLN – application fee;
Non-EU/EFTA citizens: 4 000 EUR per year + 100 EUR – application fee.
Course ProfileStudents select the topics of their MA thesis in the first semester of their studies. They attend seminars during which they work on their MA thesis, attend classes in MA lab and specialist lectures which are in compliance with the MA topics selected.
Graduates will possess extensive, cohesive knowledge of theoretical physics, proficiency in using sophisticated mathematics and advanced computer methods, including digital simulations. MA should concern topics related to the theory of solids, field theory, theory of elementary particles or astrophysics, nanophysics or quantum information science.
Graduates from Theoretical Physics will have thorough knowledge of physics and mathematics, which makes them fully-fledged specialists who are capable of taking employment at universities and scientific institutions. They can also continue their education with PhD studies. Moreover, they will be sufficiently prepared to work in IT companies or any entities requiring practical knowledge concerning operation of computers.
Education Requirements• A Bachelor's or Master's degree diploma in physics, medical physics, technical physics or related majors together with a supplement. Document issued outside of Poland should be legalized or given an apostille and translated into the Polish language by sworn (certified) translator;
• a document confirming competence in the English language (e.g. certificates: FCE Cambridge, TOEFEL);
• school leaving certificate entitling to study at all types of universities in the country appropriate to the education system issuing the certificate.
Other RequirementsThe programme is open to candidates who have obtained a Bachelor’s (or MSc) degree in Physics, Medical Physics, Technical Physics or in a related field of science.
International Students Admissions Office,
Bankowa 12 St.
40-007 Katowice, Poland
phone: +48 32 359 21 83
- BEng in Materials Science and Engineering
- MA in Creative Management in New Media
- MA in English Studies, specialisation: American and Canadian Studies for Intercultural Relations and Diplomacy
- MA in International Business Law and Arbitration
- MA in Pedagogy, specialisation: Resocialization with Intercultural Education
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Biotechnology, specialisations: Plant Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Geography - Geographic Information Systems
- MSc in Materials Science and Engineering
- MSc in Physics, specialisation: Theoretical Physics
- MSc in Physics: Nanophysics and Mesoscopic Materials, Modelling and Applications