BSc in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Faculty of Agriculture and Biology, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW
Tuition and Other Fees
Charges for documents, accommodation in a student dormitory, repetition of classes – in accordance with internal regulations.
Expected payment for studies in English starting in the academic year 2020/2021 - 8200 PLN. Official information in May. Scholarships for non-nationals are not provided. EUR
Date of commencement of studies: 1st October Recruitment calendar: https://www.sggw.pl/en/for-candidates/recruitment/1st-degree-studies/calendar-ndash-stationary
Mission of the Study
The Faculty of Agriculture and Biology has the aim to offer the students a holistic and interdisciplinary knowledge in the area of organic agriculture and food production presented by the best specialists from different faculties of Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW and from abroad.
The Aim of the Study
The BSc studies OAFP are constructed according to the expectations of potential employers within organic food production. The focus is on the innovative teaching methods activating students and preparing them for future employment. The studies will offer good possibilities to develop the necessary skills and knowledge in desired specialties. The alumni of OAFP can find jobs in organic food production, processing, trade and also in different companies connected with education, dissemination and advisory services.
A detailed programme of studies
The program is divided into six semesters. It consists of both lectures and practicals /workshops.
The detailed list of subjects is as follows:
• First year: Environment protection, Introduction to organic agriculture and husbandry, Chemistry, Basics of botany, Agrometeorology, Global food production, Informatics, Foreign language, Sustainable food production systems, Sustainable development of rural areas, Agroecology, Soil science, Microbiology of soils and plants, Animal physiology and organic nutrition, Basics of plant biochemistry and physiology, Study trip to organic farms, Food legislation or Agriculture law, Basics of human nutrition.
• Second Year: Cropping systems, Plant breeding and seed materials, Control and certification system of organic production, Plant protection management in organic agriculture, Plant nutrition in organic system, Agricultural technologies for organic farming, Food Microbiology, Organic raw materials, Study trip to organic farms, Organic grassland farming, Organic crops, Weeds and weed management in organic farming, Methodology of scientific research, Livestock production in organic farming, Organic vegetable and fruit production, Hazards for food safety.
• Third year: Diploma seminar, Mathematical statistic, Organization of organic farms or Markets and marketing of organic food, Conversion of the farm into organic system, Processing of organic plant raw materials, Food safety and hygiene, Ecological aspects of food and nutrition, Processing of organic animal raw materials, International agricultural markets, Herbs in organic farming, Entrepreneurship in organic business.
Qualification based on:
- the results of the maturity examination in biology or chemistry or mathematics;
- confirmed knowledge of English (certificate of English language at least level B2 or maturity exam in English language at an Advanced level with result at least 60%, or a document confirming completion of the high school with program in English as language of instruction); More information: http://www.sggw.pl/en/for-candidates/recruitment/1st-degree-studies/qualification-ndash-stationary
Office for Students' Affairs: email@example.com
Faculty Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- BSc in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- MSc in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- MSc in Environmental Engineering Specialization: Modern Engineering in Water Management
- MSc in Environmental Protection, Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- MSc in Forestry, Specialization Forest Information Technology
- MSc in Horticulture Specialization: General Horticulture
- MSc in Informatics and Econometrics Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Veterinary Medicine