MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3 semesters – 1.5 years (including Master thesis writing)
AGH University of Science and Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
Contact the Unit
Winter qualification (December 2018/ February 2019) for academic year 2020/2021
The aims of study are:
1. Transfer of advanced knowledge in the field of science and earth sciences and a wide expertise in the field of general and applied geophysics necessary to solve the tasks of advanced geophysical and geological engineering.
2. Possession of skills necessary for planning and design, optimization and implementation of the use of geophysical instrumentation. Possession of data processing skills and geological interpretation of geophysical data using modern geophysical programs, as well as acquiring the skills in the presentation of research results and synthetic using strictly technical and scientific language. Preparing students for the planning and execution of geophysical monitoring of the environment in time and space, to assess the geophysical natural hazards induced by human activities and geophysical prospecting surveys.
3. Preparing students to project management, management reporting to the staff, together with representatives of other disciplines, including the factual and legal circumstances-economic and ethical behaviour.
After finishing study, on the basis of the acquired knowledge in the field of science and earth sciences and advanced geological and geophysical knowledge, the graduate can independently manage, plan, implement and interpret geophysical surveys over a wide environmental, and economic exploration.
After graduation, graduate can continue their education at postgraduate study or at a PhD study (III degree of education).
BSc in a cognate discipline or equivalent document, appropriate knowledge of English
dr inż. Anna Kwietniak,
phone: +48 12 617 24 16,
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
building A-3, room No 12A
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MA in International Management
- MSc in Applied Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Energy Transition
- MSc in Civil Engineering : Geotechnical Engineering and Underground Construction
- MSc in Computer Science: Systems Modelling and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- Non-Ferrous Metals Science and Engineering: Modern Materials, Design and Application