MA in Intellectual Property and New Technologies
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Please contact the unit
Tuition and Other Fees
Please, contact the unit.
Please contact the unit.
The programme delivers comprehensive knowledge on the legal protection and commercial exploitation of new technologies. New technologies create new opportunities in life and science and build bridges between people from different countries and cultures. They also pose serious challenges, especially for the intellectual property law. The programme offers an extensive curriculum on the intellectual property law related to new technologies, considered from an international perspective. It adopts a comparative approach to IP regulations, with EU law serving as a main point of reference.
The programme is developed in cooperation with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO). Its main focus is on the following issues: new technologies and patent law; copyright in the digital era; commercial communication in the context of trade marks, designs and unfair competition; data protection, privacy and personal rights on the Internet; Internet service providers’ liability; and more.
The programme takes advantage of new technologies. Its first, non-residential semester is realised on-line, through a state-of-the-art e-learning platform. The remaining two residential semesters, which take place in Kraków, combine traditional lectures and seminars with e-learning. Detailed information on www.ip.uj.edu.pl.
Please contact the unit.
Phone: +48 12 427 59 41
ul. Gołębia 24
31-007 Kraków, Poland
phone: +48 12 663 14 01
- BA in Earth Sciences in a Changing World
- BA in European Studies: Politics and Society in a Global Context
- BA in Global and Development Studies
- BA in International Management – double diploma in Management
- BA International Relations and Area Studies
- DDS – Doctor of dental surgery program for high school graduates
- Erasmus Mundus International Master in Central and East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies
- EuroPubHealth: European Public Health Master
- International Masters in Economy, State and Society
- MA in Business and Finance Management
- MA in Comparative Heritage Studies
- MA in Drug Discovery and Development
- MA in Environmental Protection and Management
- MA in Euroculture: Society, Politics, and Culture in a Global Context
- MA in European Studies (6 study tracks)
- MA in European Studies – Law and Politics
- MA in Governance, Leadership and Democracy Studies / EU Studies
- MA in Intellectual Property and New Technologies
- MA in International Relations
- MA in International Relations and Public Diplomacy
- MA in International Security and Development
- MA in Korean Studies
- MA in The European Politics and Society (EPS): Vaclav Havel Joint Master Programme
- MD Program in English
- MSc Advanced Spectroscopy in Chemistry
- MSc in Molecular Biotechnology