MSc in Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE) -Data Science
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
1,5 years / 3 semesters
Silesian University of Technology; Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science
Tuition and Other Fees
Tuition fee (1250€) for 1st semester (1150€) for each subsequent semester
MSc. studies in area of Data Science in the Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Informatics, Silesian University of Technology are given in English and concern issues related to contemporary algorithms of data processing and their applications. Teaching and discussing techniques of data analysis have interdisciplinary character, include elements of information technologies, several computational and algorithmic aspects of data analysis, statistics and many links to specific knowledge in areas of applications. Studies include lectures, laboratories and projects taught by specialists in data analysis, with the help of modern computational techniques, supported by high quality hardware tools, focused on real data sets and contemporary, important problems of their processing. Some of the optional courses are given by experts from information technology companies.
Studying data science in English allows for wider access to the literature and better possibilities for international cooperation. Industrial stakeholders of the Data Science specialization are scientific institutions and enterprises developing systems and software for data analyses, prognoses, computer aided business and industrial decision making, which search for high quality staff for supporting their projects.
Graduate of the Data Science specialization acquires competence in the area of application of information techniques, modeling methods, computational and algorithmic methods, statistical analyses, to processing and knowledge extraction from large datasets generated on the basis of contemporary computer techniques. The graduate is prepared to both creative individual work and to work as a member of the team creating informatics solutions of application character, based on modern informatics hardware systems, new computer technologies and programming environments and tools.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with transcript of records
Bachelor degree certificate with transcript of records
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish / English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
1.Document stating that candidate’s diploma allows to take up the second cycle studies in the country of issue (if such a statement is not already written on that certificate).
2. Proficiency at level B2 by CEFR scale or equivalent.
More information about the language certificate on our website:
3. A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Silesian University of Technology
ul. Akademicka 2A
44-100 Gliwice, Poland
phone: + 48 32 237 16 90
- BA in Mathematics (Applied Mathematics)
- BSc General Engineering
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering - Information systems in medicine
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- BSc in Informatics
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Full-time)
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Part-time)
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Power Engineering
- BSc in Transport
- BSc Interdisciplinary studies: Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE)
- BSc Interdisciplinary studies: Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- MSc in Automatic Control and Robotics – Integrated Manufacturing Systems (under patronage of Balluff company)
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Biotechnology - Biofuels
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Cognitive Technologies
- MSc in Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE) - Automatic Control
- MSc in Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE) - Electronics and Telecommunication
- MSc in Control, Electronics, and Information Engineering (CEIE) -Data Science
- MSc in Electrical Engineering
- MSc in Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- MSc in Informatics
- MSc in Logistics (part-time)
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Logistic Systems in Industrial Enterprises (Full-time)
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (part-time)
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Aircraft Design
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering – Aircraft Propulsion Systems
- MSc in Power Engineering - Energy Transition
- MSc in Transport
- MSc Materials Engineering - Welding technologies and surface engineering in manufacturing (under the patronage of Messer Eutectic Castolin sp. z o. o. company)