BSc in Landscape Architecture
Area of Studies
architecture, urban and regional planning
Degree (in English)
Bachelor of Arts
3.5 years (7 semesters) The programme starts in the beginning of October
Faculty of Architecture, Cracow University of Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
The programme Landscape Architecture offers comprehensive education in the field of natural, agricultural, technical and social sciences, all combined with fine arts. It also teaches the skill of using it in your professional practice while observing the provisions of law and principles of ethics. The programme curriculum places major emphasis on designing a landscape in various scales, starting from a detail, through a garden, square or public park, all the way to the urban planning scale. Other important aspects are: learning to use new technologies, effective social communication, participation experiences and being familiar with the latest trends in design, such as smart growth, green infrastructure, ecosystem services or urban space recycling. Landscape Architecture at Cracow University of Technology is the first academic programme in the country that has been accredited by IFLA Europe (International Federation of Landscape Architects.
The admission criteria for the programme Landscape Architecture are based on the evaluation of the portfolio and on the results of the school-leaving examination, matura examination, International Baccalaureate or a school-leaving examination taken outside Poland.The portfolio for the programme Landscape Architecture should be composed of 10 up to 15 drawings of size A2 (5 works) and A3 (from 5 to 10 works) presenting an open landscape, an urban landscape and plants. The portfolio may be complemented by additional art works showcasing the candidate’s individual interests, in size A3 at the most, or by photographic documentation of such art works in the size corresponding to size A3.
The mandatory subject matter of the works:
- a leafless tree;
- a tree with foliage;
- a coniferous and a deciduous tree together;
- a sizeable tree in an open hilly landscape, set against a cluster of shrubs;
- a bridge in a landscape;
- a street with trees in a small town;
- a viaduct (a road bridge) in a landscape;
- a housing estate landscape;
- a landscape of the future;
- a historic landscape.
All works are to be hand-drawn. At least half of the works should be done in graphite pencil on white cardboard. The candidates are free to choose the technique for the remaining works. These requirements do not apply to the additional art works referred to above, which may complement the portfolio.
The photographs of the works making up the portfolio should be characterised by the following parameters:
- resolution from 12M 3968x2976 (4:3) to 13M 4160x3120 (4:3),
- no GPS marker,
- no smile recognition,
- no retouching
- colour photography is mandatory,
- the use of filters or special software is prohibited
- adding any watermarks, as well as descriptions, including dates, location data, etc. is prohibited,
- it is recommended to include photographs taken outside, in bright daylight, and to avoid direct exposure of the drawings to sunlight,
- the lens should be directed at the right angle towards the middle of the sheet – both horizontal and vertical convergences are to be avoided.
The above arrangements are to be applied to scans, respectively.
THE FILE FORMAT, PORFOLIO SENDING MODE AND DECLARATION OF THE CANDIDATE’S UNASSISTED EXECUTION THEREOF
Photographs / scans of the drawings included in the portfolio are to be made into ONE pdf file.
The candidate may use any software – free or paid – in order to prepare their portfolio. A sample free software that may be used for this purpose is to be found here: https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/download
The file containing the portfolio should be labelled as follows:
P-THE CANDIDATE’S SURNAME-THE CANDIDATE’S FIRST NAME-THE CANDIDATE’S PASSPORT NO
The scan of the declaration of the candidate in which they state that they have prepared the portfolio unassisted must be a separate pdf file.
ATTENTION: the declaration must be filled in and signed by hand prior to being scanned.
Unsigned declaration is invalid.
The file containing the declaration should be labelled as follows:
O-THE CANDIDATE’S SURNAME-THE CANDIDATE’S FIRST NAME-THE CANDIDATE’S PASSPORT NO
The candidate’s declaration:
The works making up the portfolio are to be photographed or scanned and sent by electronic mail through WeTransfer to the following address: email@example.com
+48 12 628 30 44
ul. Warszawska 24
31-155 Kraków, Poland
phone: +48 12 628 30 44
- BSc in Architecture (Accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects RIBA)
- BSc in Civil Engineering (accredited by the European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education)
- BSc in Landscape Architecture
- BSc in Mechanics and Machine Design
- MA in Architecture
- MA in Landscape Architecture
- Master, Additive Manufacturing
- MSc in Applied Physics
- MSc in Chemical Technology
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Environmental and Land Engineering
- MSc in Mechanics and Machine Design
- MSc in Power Engineering