MA Quantitative Finance
Area of Studies
business studies and management sciences
Degree (in English)
2 years (4 semesters)
Faculty of Economic Sciences
Tuition and Other Fees
from 2021-04-15 to 2021-05-08 (Phase 1)
The Quantitative Finance Program at the Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw is a four-semester program on a full-time basis that provides students with outstanding knowledge of modern quantitative finance. The program leads to 'magister' degree and is compatible with the Bologna system, equivalent to Maters of Arts.
The distinctive feature of this program is that it combines the overall fundamentals of economic theory with specialized knowledge in finance. The basic aim of this specialization is to provide students with theoretical knowledge from the field of quantitative finance combined with its practical applications in financial institutions, taking into account the latest trends in financial world.
The degree combines economic methods, quantitative techniques and state-of-the-art financial analyses to give students a strong background from which to pursue their careers. Students are encouraged to develop their abilities to use economic analysis in a variety of finance-related problems. Significant course work is devoted to the development of mathematical and statistical skills. These skills are necessary to evaluate the uncertain outcomes found in financial applications. The program provides student with the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills to projects that utilize financial tools and techniques.
Information on qualification procedure is available at: irk.oferta.uw.edu.pl
RemarksCandidates will be ranked on the basis of their undergraduate results in the following subjects: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematical Statistics, Probability Calculus, Econometrics, Mathematical Analysis (Mathematical Calculus), Finance.
As well as on the evaluation of their letters of reference and motivation letter.
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 St.
00-927 Warsaw, Poland
phone: + 48 22 55 240 -02, -43, -48, -75
- BA American Studies
- BA Archaeology
- BA English Studies
- BA European Politics and Economics
- BA Finance, International Investment and Accounting
- BA International Studies in Philosophy
- BA Undergraduate Programme in International Relations
- BA Undergraduate Programme in Political Science
- Executive MBA
- International MBA Programme
- MA American Studies
- MA Archeology
- MA Chemistry
- MA Cognitive Science
- MA Data Science and Business Analytics
- MA English Studies
- MA Environmental Management
- MA Graduate Programme in International Relations
- MA Graduate Programme in Political Science
- MA Graduate Programme in Teaching English to Young Learners
- MA in Humanitarian Action
- MA International Business Program
- MA International Economics
- MA Master in Food Systems
- MA Oriental Studies – Inner Asia: Mongolian and Tibetan Studies
- MA Physics (Studies in English)
- MA Psychology
- MA Quantitative Finance
- MA Sustainable Development