MA Sustainable Development
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
2 years (4 semesters)
University Centre for Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development
Tuition and Other Fees
- Citizens of UE/EFTA (EEA parties) and Switzerland: free of charge
- Citizens of Non-EU/ EFTA (EEA parties) and Switzerland: 1,700 EUR
from 2021-04-01 to 2021-07-05
Sustainable Development II degree course with a general academic profile is conducted in English by the University Centre for Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development (UCBS).
Societies around the world today face a major challenge: rethinking their development model in order to lay the foundations for a more sustainable, positive and equitable future. This challenge requires an interdisciplinary approach, interlinkages between different fields of research, a shared commitment to scientific and educational potential and deeper collaboration with the environment. Sustainable Development (SD) studies respond to this challenge.
The guiding idea of education in the field of Sustainable Development (hereinafter: SD) is interdisciplinary. This reflects the organization of the educational process based on a harmonious involvement under the chairmanship and involvement of the University Center for Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development (UCBS) of eight units of the University of Warsaw. The following faculties of the University of Warsaw take part in the preparation of the new faculty of study: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Regional Studies, Geology, Economic Sciences, Law and Administration and the Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw. The SD studies will be conducted at the second level of education. SD studies offer integrated knowledge, its broad but in-depth understanding in various areas of science. The programme gives insight into the complexity of sustainability challenges as well as the variety of available solutions. Knowledge, skills and social competences passed during the studies support the shaping of an individual view of the world, building an open and critical attitude to the changing reality.
In addition, during the didactic process, students have the opportunity to acquire many competences and practical skills to help them start and function in a rapidly changing world. Experience from countries where sustainable development is more firmly anchored in governance and management shows that people who have completed such studies are among those who are positively perceived during their applications for important managerial and advisory positions.
The field of study does not close in one field/discipline. It is implemented on the borderline between the fields of science and natural sciences and social sciences and the humanities; in the following disciplines: biological, chemical, physical, earth and environment sciences, science, legal and social sciences, as well as classes in philosophy, social communication and entrepreneurship.
More information about the SD course are available on the website: http://ucbs.uw.edu.pl
Information on qualification procedure is available at: irk.uw.edu.pl
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 St.
00-927 Warsaw, Poland
phone: + 48 22 55 240 -02, -43, -48, -75
- BA American Studies
- BA Archaeology
- BA English Studies
- BA European Politics and Economics
- BA Finance, International Investment and Accounting
- BA International Studies in Philosophy
- BA Undergraduate Programme in International Relations
- BA Undergraduate Programme in Political Science
- Executive MBA
- International MBA Programme
- MA American Studies
- MA Archeology
- MA Chemistry
- MA Cognitive Science
- MA Data Science and Business Analytics
- MA English Studies
- MA Graduate Programme in International Relations
- MA Graduate Programme in Political Science
- MA Graduate Programme in Teaching English to Young Learners
- MA in Humanitarian Action
- MA International Business Program
- MA International Economics
- MA Machine Learning
- MA Master in Food Systems
- MA Oriental Studies – Inner Asia: Mongolian and Tibetan Studies
- MA Physics (Studies in English)
- MA Psychology
- MA Quantitative Finance
- MA Religions of Asia and Africa: Buddhism, Islam and Others
- MA Sustainable Development