If you want to understand how does the European integration process actually work, learn about past and present challenges of the European integration as well as public and state policies, relating to everyday life, then our BA program in European Legal Studies is the right choice for you.
Degree course assets
The program offers you a set of mandatory and elective subjects/topics explaining European solutions in the global context. By the end of 3rd year, you will have a choice of several special focus tracks that will better define your future legal career. They will cover issues in law, business and society.
BA in European Legal Studies will help you better understand the European legal culture, democratic pathways of the EU countries, as well as Europe’s place in global politics and trade. Our program will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to European legal studies.
The mandatory part of the program includes issues covering the development of data and knowledge economy, intellectual property in trade, and data protection. You will learn how European integration impacts law, economy and society on a daily basis.
You will have an opportunity to choose from various electives and to develop your language skills in legal/business English. Classes in the Polish language will also be available to our students.
Selected study areas
- Mandatory classes:
- Introduction to International Law
- Philosophy of Law
- European Convention of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
- International Protection of Human Rights
- Freedom of Speech and its Limits in Law
- Free Movement of Persons and the Migration Policy in the EU
- European Legal Framework for Trade in Goods
- Fundamentals of European Consumer Law
- Intellectual Property Law in Trade
- Judicial Cooperation in EU in Civil and Criminal Matters
- International Private Law
- Data Protection and Privacy in EU
- Elective courses:
- Introduction to the EU Criminal Law
- Food Law in the EU
- EU Sectoral Law (Energy & Telecommunications)
- European Personal Law
- Social Mobility
- Ethics in the Global World
- EU, USA and BRIC – New Global Implications
- Public Procurement Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Patents, Innovation, Antitrust
- Introduction to the Intercultural Communication
- Fundaments of Humanism and Humanity
- Law and Religion in Europe
- Direct Democracy: Theory and Practice. East and West European Experience
- European Identity: Social Attitudes and Political Ideologies
Work opportunities & career paths
The BA program in European Legal Studies with its advanced curriculum and language training makes it easier for you to carry your legal career further. Graduates will be able to apply their broad knowledge of European law in their home countries, both in public and economic institutions as well as with private business ventures.