M.A. in Mediterraean Studies
Area of Studies
languages and philological sciences
Degree (in English)
2 years (4 semesters)
Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Tuition and Other Fees
1500 EUR/year (non-EU)
Students from Poland and UE: no tuition
Please, contact the unit
Mediterranean Studies offers a hands-on experience in culture tourism and unique interdisciplinary approach to theory and practice of cultural diversity in modern-day Europe.
The programme welcomes all students willing to extend their knowledge about cultural identity of contemporary Europe and its heritage rooted in ancient Greco-Roman tradition. A better understanding of Europe will help students extend their acquired skills to multiple culture-related fields, such as media, tourism, international relations, and improve their employment prospects.
By combining philology with culture tourism, Mediterranean Studies is committed to broadening students’ intellectual horizons through an active engagement with literature, theatre, philosophy, rhetoric, classical education based on Paideia and its modern counterparts, ancient tradition, reception of Greco-Roman culture from Middle Ages to modern times.
The curriculum is based on core modules and optional courses providing flexible and personalized learning experience.
Part of the program includes optional trips abroad.
A graduate of the Mediterranean Studies will be ready to undertake research and enter PhD studies in the field of culture science, classical philology or other adequate humanistic areas.
B.A. in arts, philology or social sciences with very good knowledge of English.
Associate Professor Magdalena Stuligrosz, PhD
Professor Piotr Urbański, Deputy Director of the Institute of Classical Philology
Adam Mickiewicz University
Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology, Collegium Maius,
Address: ul. Fredry 10, 61-701 Poznań, Poland
ul. Wieniawskiego 1
61-712 Poznań, Poland
phone: +48 61 829 43 85
- B.A. in English - specialization: Literature and Culture
- B.A. in English Linguistics: Theories, Interfaces, Technologies
- B.A. in International Relations
- BA in European and Balkan Studies
- Environmental Management at CAU and Environmental Protection at AMU
- Inter-University Programme of Interdisciplinary PhD Studies at the 'Artes Liberales' Academy
- M.A in Cultural Studies: Intercultural Communication
- M.A. in Balkan Studies
- M.A. in English Philology – specialization: Theatre and Drama
- M.A. in English – International Relations
- M.A. in Ethnology - Specialization: Cultural Differences and Transnational Process
- M.A. in Journalism and Social Communication, Specialization: New Media
- M.A. in Mediterraean Studies
- M.A. in Public Governance, Specialization: Good Governance and Civil Society
- M.Sc in Biotechnology
- M.Sc in Chemistry
- M.Sc. in Environmental Protection
- MA in Mathematics
- MaMaSelf Master in Material Science
- Master of Digital Entrepreneurship (MoDE)
- Master of Intercultural Communication Studies (MICS)
- MSc in Physics of Advanced Materials for Energy Processing - PAMEP
- PhD programme in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Poles and Germans in Europe
- Polish Studies, Bachelor