MA in Cultural Studies: Intercultural Communication
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
2 years (4 semesters)
Faculty of Social Sciences, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Tuition and Other Fees
Tuition fee: the semester tuition fee is: PLN 2 000,00 (the fee can be paid in 4 installments of PLN 500,00 each).
Dates for document submission: from 2023-09-01 to 2023-09-15
To live we have to communicate. The better we communicate, the better the results of our efforts, interactions and cooperation will be. Because our contemporary world is more and more intercultural, we believe that to be able to participate and engage in activities of different kinds – social, artisitic, economic or political – one needs to have cultural and intercultural intelligence. We created Intercultural Communication programme to help our students:
DISCOVER that culture matters in all aspects of our life and why it is necessary to engage intercultural perspective in contemporary life and work.
UNDERSTAND how culture works and how we can use it to get the most of our efforts and interactions.
DEVELOP cultural and intercultural intelligence which is necessary in contemporary workplace, public and private life.
Why study Intercultural Communication in our Institute of Cultural Studies of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań?
We are focused on culture and it informs all research and teaching we do. Our Institute of Cultural has nearly fourty years of experience in research of culture and education of generations of graduates who succesfully implement their knowledge and skills in such fields as artsitic institutions, media, business, entrepreneurship and journalism. Our scholars are engaged in international and intercultural projects, cooperation and teaching programmes. Our students create fascinating and inspiring intercultural environment.
B.A. in Cultural Studies or related fields in the humanities. As all lectures and seminars are conducted in English a good knowledge of spoken and written English is a must. Candidates must prove it with a certificate or in practice (entry interview).
Adam Mickiewicz University Institute of Cultural Studies
Address: ul. Szamarzewskiego 89, 60-568 Poznan, Poland
Phone: +48 61 829 2229, +48 61 829 2229,
+48 61 829 2105, +48 61 829 2105
ul. Wieniawskiego 1
61-712 Poznań, Poland
phone: +48 61 829 43 85
- B.A. in English Linguistics: Theories, Interfaces, Technologies
- BA in Applied Linguistics and Intercultural Communication
- BA in Central European and Balkan Studies
- BA in English Studies: Literature and Culture
- BA in European Legal Studies
- BA in German Language and Intercultural Studies (Słubice)
- BA in Global Communication
- BA in International Relations
- BA in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- BSc in Chemistry
- Environmental Management at CAU and Environmental Protection at AMU
- Inter-University Programme of Interdisciplinary PhD Studies at the 'Artes Liberales' Academy
- MA in Applied Linguistics: specialty Empirical Linguistics and Language Documentation
- MA in Balkan Studies
- MA in Central Europe in the International Perspective
- MA in Cultural Studies: Intercultural Communication
- MA in Digital Entrepreneurship (Słubice)
- MA in English Studies: Language and Communication in Healthcare
- MA in Ethnology: Cultural Differences and Transnational Process
- MA in Geohazards and Climate Change
- MA in International Relations
- MA in Journalism and Social Communication
- MA in Language-Mind-Technology
- MA in Mediterraean Studies
- MA in Modern Languages - Empirical Linguistics and Language Documentation
- MA in Philology – Empirical Linguistics and Language Documentation
- MA in Public Governance, Specialization: Good Governance and Civil Society
- MaMaSelf Master in Material Science
- Master of Arts in English Studies: Language and Communication in Healthcare
- Master of Intercultural Communication Studies (MICS)
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Chemistry
- MSc in Environmental Protection
- MSc in Physics of Advanced Materials for Energy Processing
- PhD programme in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology