PhD, Chemical Sciences [NCh]
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Doctoral School at Gdańsk University of Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
Only application fee. Education at the Doctoral School is free of charge.
21.06.2021 – 08.07.2021
The programme is aimed at teaching doctoral students innovative and novel techniques, methodologies and implementations of acquired knowledge to their PhD projects. The programme includes obligatory and facultative courses which highlight basic science as well as well applied sciences, and also lectures by visiting professors from various fields and countries, who will share their knowledge and experience in their respective research areas. The most important scientific topics covered by the programme are: new polymers, new biologically active compounds, new methods of analytical chemistry, new diagnostic methods, anticorrosion technology, new nanomaterials as well as functional food.
This programme provides the doctoral students with the required background in the fields of general chemistry, biotechnology and chemical technology, ranging through a wide plethora of industries, to enable PhD students to develop their own ideas and concepts, as well as creative problem solving skills. The programme includes teaching practices as well as external domestic and international internships.
A person who holds a master's degree, a master's degree in engineering or an equivalent degree or a diploma giving the right to apply for the doctor's degree (doctoral, PhD) in the country in whose higher education system the university that issued the diploma has been operating, has the right to apply to the doctoral school. In the absence of a diploma due to waiting for it to be issued, an applicant for the doctoral school should submit a certificate from the university acknowledging the defense of the master's thesis. In the absence of a diploma due to waiting for the date of the master's thesis defense, the applicant for the doctoral school should submit a relevant statement. In such a situation, the applicant may be enrolled and accepted conditionally only, and his/her admission to the school will be possible, provided that the diploma is delivered until matriculation
In cases justified by the highest quality of scientific achievements, a person who is a graduate of first-cycle studies or a student who completed the third year of long-cycle studies may be admitted to the doctoral school. The decision regarding admitting such applicants is taken by the school director.
The field of studies completed by the applicant for the doctoral school must correspond or be related to the discipline in which the candidate is to prepare a doctoral dissertation at the doctoral school. Persons who have completed studies in other fields need to indicate courses included in the first- or second-cycle studies concerning content from the area relevant to the discipline of doctoral training programme. In the case of such persons, the Admissions Committee takes the decision on further steps of enrollment.
To be admitted to the doctoral school an applicant needs to prove his/her knowledge of the English language, by having a certificate of at least B2 level. The list of certificates confirming knowledge of the English language at the required level is given in Annexe No. 4 of Admissions Rules. The certificate is not required from persons for whom the English language is the mother tongue and from people for whom the English language was the medium of instruction during their studies at a higher education institution.
Before applying please get acquainted with the information provided at our webpage for candidates - https://pg.edu.pl/szkola-doktorska/standard-admission-for-ay-2021/2022
Before registration at our application system candidates are requested to contact a prospective supervisor within the discipline relevant for the chosen doctoral dissertation research project in order to get his/her formal approval. This is a basic requirement and without such a consent you cannot proceed any further.
International Relations Office
G. Narutowicza 11/12 80-233 Gdańsk, Poland
phone: +48 58 348 28 28
- BA in Management (BiM)
- Bachelor of Science in Green Technologies
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Data Engineering
- BSc in Energy Technologies
- MA in Management - Specialization: International Management
- Master in Economic Analytics
- Master of Science in Green Technologies
- MSc in Architecture
- MSC in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics specialization: Automatic Control System; specialization Robotics and Decision System
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - specialization: Computer Electronic Systems, specualization: Computer Electronic Systems
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Informatics - Specialization: Distributed Applications and Internet Services
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Specialization: International Design Engineer
- MSc in Nanotechnology Specialization: Nanostructures and Computer Simulations in Materials Science
- MSc in Spatial Development, Specialisation: Urbanism
- PhD, Architecture and Urbanism [AiU]
- PhD, Chemical Sciences [NCh]
- PhD, Civil Engineering and Transport [ILiT]
- PhD, Control, Electronic and Electrical Engineering [AEiE]
- PhD, Economics and Finance [EiF]
- PhD, Environmental Engineering, Mining and Energy [IŚGiE]
- PhD, Management and Quality [ZiJ]
- PhD, Materials Engineering [IMa]
- PhD, Mathematics [M]
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering [IMe]
- PhD, Physical Sciences [NF]
- PhD, Technical Informatics and Telecommunications [ITiT]