PhD, Physical Sciences [NF]
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Doctoral School at Gdańsk University of Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
Only application fee. Education at the Doctoral School is free of charge.
21.06.2021 – 08.07.2021
The programme is aimed at training of the doctoral students in innovative and novel techniques, methodologies, implementations in Experimental and Theoretical physics, Atomic and Molecular Physics and Optics and related fields of knowledge. The programme includes obligatory and facultative courses which highlight the traditional methods and modern advances in physics, and also lectures by visiting professors from various fields, who will spread their knowledge of their respective research areas. The most important topics covered by the programme are: Experimental and Theoretical Physics (including quantum information theory, special functions applications , applied acoustics, organic photovoltaic cell physics and electromagnetic field propagation through plasmonic nano-systems) and Atomic and Molecular Physics and Optics (including low- and intermediate energy electron interactions with molecules , computational methods in atomic physics, relativistic effects in atoms, photophysics of light-harvesting molecular systems and supramolecular photocatalysts for hydrogen generation, photophysical and photoelectric properties of organic materials and organic photovoltaic cells, experimental polarimetric studies).
The programme provides the doctoral students with the high-level background in the fields of theoretical and experimental physics, ranging through a wide plethora of industries, enables them to develop their own ideas and concepts and gives skills to work in a team.
A person who holds a master's degree, a master's degree in engineering or an equivalent degree or a diploma giving the right to apply for the doctor's degree (doctoral, PhD) in the country in whose higher education system the university that issued the diploma has been operating, has the right to apply to the doctoral school. In the absence of a diploma due to waiting for it to be issued, an applicant for the doctoral school should submit a certificate from the university acknowledging the defense of the master's thesis. In the absence of a diploma due to waiting for the date of the master's thesis defense, the applicant for the doctoral school should submit a relevant statement. In such a situation, the applicant may be enrolled and accepted conditionally only, and his/her admission to the school will be possible, provided that the diploma is delivered until matriculation
In cases justified by the highest quality of scientific achievements, a person who is a graduate of first-cycle studies or a student who completed the third year of long-cycle studies may be admitted to the doctoral school. The decision regarding admitting such applicants is taken by the school director.
The field of studies completed by the applicant for the doctoral school must correspond or be related to the discipline in which the candidate is to prepare a doctoral dissertation at the doctoral school. Persons who have completed studies in other fields need to indicate courses included in the first- or second-cycle studies concerning content from the area relevant to the discipline of doctoral training programme. In the case of such persons, the Admissions Committee takes the decision on further steps of enrollment.
To be admitted to the doctoral school an applicant needs to prove his/her knowledge of the English language, by having a certificate of at least B2 level. The list of certificates confirming knowledge of the English language at the required level is given in Annexe No. 4 of Admissions Rules. The certificate is not required from persons for whom the English language is the mother tongue and from people for whom the English language was the medium of instruction during their studies at a higher education institution.
Before applying please get acquainted with the information provided at our webpage for candidates - https://pg.edu.pl/szkola-doktorska/standard-admission-for-ay-2021/2022
Before registration at our application system candidates are requested to contact a prospective supervisor within the discipline relevant for the chosen doctoral dissertation research project in order to get his/her formal approval. This is a basic requirement and without such a consent you cannot proceed any further.
G. Narutowicza 11/12 St.
80-233 Gdańsk, Poland
phone: +48 58 348 65 78
- BA in Management (BiM)
- Bachelor of Science in Green Technologies
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Data Engineering
- BSc in Energy Technologies
- MA in Management - Specialization: International Management
- Master in Economic Analytics
- Master of Science in Green Technologies
- Master of Science in Ocean Engineering
Specialization: Marine Engineering and Offshore Energy
Specialization: Ship Technology and Offshore Engineering
- MSc in Architecture
- MSC in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics specialization: Automatic Control System; specialization Robotics and Decision System
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - specialization: Computer Electronic Systems, specualization: Computer Electronic Systems
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Informatics - Specialization: Distributed Applications and Internet Services
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Specialization: International Design Engineer
- MSc in Nanotechnology Specialization: Nanostructures and Computer Simulations in Materials Science
- MSc in Spatial Development, Specialisation: Urbanism
- PhD, Architecture and Urbanism [AiU]
- PhD, Chemical Sciences [NCh]
- PhD, Civil Engineering and Transport [ILiT]
- PhD, Control, Electronic and Electrical Engineering [AEiE]
- PhD, Economics and Finance [EiF]
- PhD, Environmental Engineering, Mining and Energy [IŚGiE]
- PhD, Management and Quality [ZiJ]
- PhD, Materials Engineering [IMa]
- PhD, Mathematics [M]
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering [IMe]
- PhD, Physical Sciences [NF]
- PhD, Technical Informatics and Telecommunications [ITiT]